Nightclub fog machine causes 22 to be injured

Fog machine causes many injuries
By: John Roberts

(Scroll down for video) A nightclub fog machine is there for fun, but sometimes it can cause heave severe injuries.

A fog machine went out of control in a party of the Teen Choice Awards in Hollywood, sending six young people to the hospital and causing burns and breathing problems for others.

The machine belched Avalon nightclub in fog so thick that some partygoers could barely see, the local news media reported, throwing the club into chaos shortly after 6:00 pm on Saturday.

Boy Band Midnight Red, which was scheduled to perform at the event, initially suggested on Twitter that "tear gas" had been inside the club and that a riot broke out.

A total of 22 people between the ages of 8 and 20 were evaluated at the scene, six were in need for additional treatment.

"Together with respiratory irritation, a few customers contracted apparent leakage of liquid from intensive smoke effect and superficial burn injury,'' Los Angeles Fire Department Brian Humphrey, said.

Most people who had inhaled the mist felt better after breathing some fresh air, he said.
Firefighters called off the event, and a hazardous materials team is investigating the incident.

Midnight Red on Twitter later clarified that their fans had not rioted at the club.
"We are fans who follow the rules," the group wrote. "The smoke machines did not."

Mobile video not loading? Click here to view



Hi, Its me Hafeez. A webdesigner, blogspot developer and UI/UX Designer. I am a certified Themeforest top Author and Front-End Developer. I'am business speaker, marketer, Blogger and Javascript Programmer.

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment