Toddler dies after his mother gives him too much methadone

Jayden Lee Green with his mother 
By: John Roberts 

Social workers allowed a little child live with his drug addicted parents until he was killed from a drug overdose.

The little child died of a methadone overdose after social workers failed to take any action, a damning report revealed, according to the news media.

Jayden Lee Green, who was just a month before his second birthday, was found dead in his parents' bed after an overdose of the heroin substitute.

The boy, who received the drug for sedation, lived with his crack and heroin addicted parents Jamie Green and Sonia Britton in a dirty house in the St. Georges area of Bristol.

A serious case review, commissioned by Bristol Safeguarding Children Board found that there was a lack of cooperation from the parents of Jayden Lee with everyone involved in dealing with them.

This includes medicines agencies, midwifery, housing, health visitors and social workers. There were also failures of regular appointments and regular home visits by social workers.

It was also revealed that Jayden Lee suffered two head injuries, one at seven weeks old and one at 11 weeks old, and their parents gave the same explanation, that it was just an accident.

The report states that this should have raised the concern that the injuries were not accidental.

The boy also suffered facial injuries at 21 and 23 months old, and again the same explanations were given when he was seen by medical professionals.

Britton, 35, and Green, 33, were accused of killing their son by giving him the drug which both were prescribed by doctors.



Hi, Its me Hafeez. A webdesigner, blogspot developer and UI/UX Designer. I am a certified Themeforest top Author and Front-End Developer. I'am business speaker, marketer, Blogger and Javascript Programmer.

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment