Woman sends her family to the hospital by feeding them wild mushrooms

Shah Noor and her family in the hospital  
By: Shifra Unger 

(Scroll down for video) A woman picked and cooked wild mushrooms, which she then fed to her family, sending them all to the hospital, according to reports.

The Connecticut family ended up in the hospital, with a woman seriously ill after eating mushrooms collected from their yard.

Shah Noor, 40, picked up the large white mushrooms, behind her home in Newington and cooked them with onions, garlic and chilies. She served the toxic mix to her husband and two adult daughters.

The whole family ended up in the hospital the next day, with 24-year-old Wafa Guloona suffering the most severe symptoms. Her liver almost closed and she required days of treatment, including a cocktail of experimental drugs. "I was very scared. It was very painful to see all my family members in the same situation," she told a local TV station.

Noor, her husband Musarrat Ullah, 59, and her daughter, Aiman Bibi, 21, also were admitted to the emergency room and treated with coal solution that absorbs toxins and a drug known as N-acetylcysteine, which helps restore damaged liver cells, the local newspaper reported.

Noor was apparently unaware that wild mushrooms can be deadly. Musarrat Ullah said it was common to pick and eat mushrooms in his native Pakistan. The family had eaten Amanita group mushrooms, a venomous species that grows in the wild. Eating poisonous mushrooms can cause hours of vomiting and can lead to liver or kidney failure.

Mobile video not loading? Click here to view



Hi, Its me Hafeez. A webdesigner, blogspot developer and UI/UX Designer. I am a certified Themeforest top Author and Front-End Developer. I'am business speaker, marketer, Blogger and Javascript Programmer.

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment