|Bat gives birth|
(Scroll down for video) This is a very sad story of an animal called a Fruit Bat. The bat was bitten by a tick, causing the animal to be paralyzed.
Ticks are little insects that suck blood and bats have no immunity to the venom of the ticks. The bat was brought to the Tolga Bat Hospital in Atherton Queensland, Australia, were it was determined that the bat was so sick, it will have to be put to death.
Nurse Meg and nurse Marry realized that it was pregnant and in labor, so they decided they will try to help it deliver its baby, which they did.
In the video below you can see the bat giving birth with the help of a nurse. Sadly, the mother bat died a half hour after giving birth because the venom that caused her paralysis made it difficult for it to breathe. At least she had time to love its baby before it died.