2 women die and 4 are injured after eating wild mushrooms

Mushrooms illustration 
By: Hydar Tomar 

After preparing a delicious soup from self picked mushrooms, several women became very sick and two died, according to reports.

Two residents of a nursing home in California, died and four others were hospitalized after eating poisonous mushrooms in a soup. The mushrooms were self picked by a caretaker, according to reports.

The lieutenant County Sheriff Mark Reed, said that the incident, which was reported on Friday morning in the Golden Age Villa in Loomis, is believed to be an accident. Reed said that the dead were identified as Barbara Lopes, 86, and Teresa Olesniewicz, 73. The caretaker was among the four who were hospitalized.

The kind of fungus was unknown to health officials at this time.

Nearly 6,000 people reported having contact with dangerous mushrooms in 2010, and more than 1,300 people became ill, according to the latest figures from the American Association of Poison Control Centers. About 500 people suffered moderate to severe injuries and at least one person died.

Most of the victims were sickened by Amanita phalloides death cap amatoxins producing varieties, which closes liver function.



Hi, Its me Hafeez. A webdesigner, blogspot developer and UI/UX Designer. I am a certified Themeforest top Author and Front-End Developer. I'am business speaker, marketer, Blogger and Javascript Programmer.

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment