13 people die after drinking cough syrup

Cough syrup illustration 
By: Aarav Sen 

Police have warned the public against consuming cough syrup until further notice, according to press reports.

Thirteen people have died in a major Pakistani city after drinking cough syrup suspected of being toxic, police said Monday.

All the victims were drug addicts, who apparently took cough syrup in an attempt to get high, police official Khan Multan said.

Khan said that the people died at various hospitals in the eastern city of Lahore, over the past three days. Five other addicts who took the cough syrup, are being treated and are in stable condition.

Police arrested the owners of three pharmacies who sold the cough syrup, and sent samples from the stores to determine if they were toxic, Khan said.



Hi, Its me Hafeez. A webdesigner, blogspot developer and UI/UX Designer. I am a certified Themeforest top Author and Front-End Developer. I'am business speaker, marketer, Blogger and Javascript Programmer.

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment