Man chokes to death after eating dozens of bugs

Edward Archbold 
By: Hydar Tomar 

(Scroll down for video) A man died after eating dozens of bugs at a public bug eating contest, according to press reports.

An autopsy concluded that the Florida man choked to death after downing dozens of live cockroaches during the contest earlier this year. The man won the contest, beating numerous other contestants, according to reports.

The report released Monday, said that 32-year-old Edward Archbold of West Palm Beach, died of "asphyxia by choking and aspiration of gastric contents."

Laboratory tests were negative for drugs. The death was declared an accident.

Archbold died after downing insects and worms for the contest held at the Ben Siegel Reptile Store in Deerfield Beach, about 40 miles north of Miami. The grand prize was a python.

Archbold became ill soon after the contest and collapsed in front of the store. He was taken to hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Officials said none of the other contestants got sick.



Hi, Its me Hafeez. A webdesigner, blogspot developer and UI/UX Designer. I am a certified Themeforest top Author and Front-End Developer. I'am business speaker, marketer, Blogger and Javascript Programmer.

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment