Baby dies after parents set heater to 130 degrees

Jesika Case 
By: Hydar Tomar 

(Scroll down for video) A little baby died after her parents set the heater too high, according to police reports.
The 18-month-old girl died of heat suffocation last week, after spending 12 hours in a room heated to 130 degrees.

Police in Manchester, Ohio, have arrested the girl's parents, Jeremy Cox and Jesika Case, both 26. They have been accused of child endangerment and were placed behind bars.

Case put her daughter Jailynn, to bed around 11:00 p.m. on Tuesday night, according to Manchester Police Chief Jeff Bowling. She turned the heater to the highest position because the room felt cold. The next morning at 10:00 a.m., Case realized that her daughter was not awake. When she checked on Jailynn, her daughter was not breathing.

She immediately removed the child from the cradle and placed her on the floor outside her bedroom. Lynn Matthews, a local postal delivery person, heard the father, Jeremy Cox, screaming for help. Matthews ran to the home and began performing CPR on the child. He said that Jailynn’s eyes were open, but she was very hot and was turning blue.

"I kept working and working and talking with her," Matthews said. Jailynn Cox died in the hospital later that day.

Police might charge the parents with negligent homicide pending the outcome of an investigation.



Hi, Its me Hafeez. A webdesigner, blogspot developer and UI/UX Designer. I am a certified Themeforest top Author and Front-End Developer. I'am business speaker, marketer, Blogger and Javascript Programmer.

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment