Ads

Drill bit falls into woman's lung during dental surgery

Woman at dentist illustration 
By: Hydar Tomar 

A dental drill accident has left a woman with a drill bit in her lung, according to press reports.

Authorities said that the dental drill became loose and fell into the woman's lung during a dental procedure in Vasteras, Sweden.

The 60-year-old woman underwent dental implant surgery at Vastmanland County Hospital, when the drill head became loose and fell into her mouth.

The report said that she was immediately placed in a sitting position, but by then it was too late. Medical officials said that the three-inch-long drill head lodged in her right lung.

"She tried to spit and was coughing, but she had already swallowed it," Per Weitz, the medical director of the hospital, said in a statement.

The hospital had the drilling head surgically removed and the patient recovered within a month. Hospital officials said that they have taken steps to ensure that such incidents do not happen again.

"Unfortunately, drill bits will fall from time to time," Weitz said.

SHARE

Author

Hi, Its me Hafeez. A webdesigner, blogspot developer and UI/UX Designer. I am a certified Themeforest top Author and Front-End Developer. I'am business speaker, marketer, Blogger and Javascript Programmer.

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment