Blind man dies after trying to heat up towel in microwave (video)

Microwave illustration 
By: Mahesh Sarin 

(Scroll down for video) A blind man is dead after he placed a burning towel on his foot, police in Pennsylvania said.

Oakland Police said that 68-year-old James Shaffer told investigators that he warmed up the towel in a microwave to put on his leg because he was suffering from pain.

However, the victim did not know that the towel began to burn after 15 seconds in the microwave. Shaffer, who did not realize that the towel was on fire, put it on his clothes.

Shaffer suffered burns on over 80 percent of his body. He remained calm and even apologized to the rescue workers while he was taken to a hospital in Pittsburgh.

He died early on Wednesday. Shaffer has lived alone in his apartment for the past 25 years. The apartment suffered damage from the fire.



Hi, Its me Hafeez. A webdesigner, blogspot developer and UI/UX Designer. I am a certified Themeforest top Author and Front-End Developer. I'am business speaker, marketer, Blogger and Javascript Programmer.

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment