Mother goes to sleep and allows daughter to die of drug overdose

Claire Johnson 
By: Chan Yuan 

A mother was arrested, charged and convicted of manslaughter by gross negligence after allowing her daughter to die of a drug overdose, prosecutors in the United Kingdom said.

Now, the woman who failed to call an ambulance and left her daughter to die from a heroin overdose in her apartment in Scarborough, has been jailed.

Claire Johnson, 41, admitted manslaughter by gross negligence and was sentenced to two years and eight months in prison at the Leeds Crown Court.

Daniel Kedge, who provided the heroin to Claire’s daughter Natasha Johnson, 21, was jailed for 16 months after being found guilty of supplying Class A drugs. He was cleared of manslaughter by gross negligence.

Natasha died at Claire Johnson’s house on Market Way. She had arrived there the previous evening with Kedge, 41, and another man and they began drinking.

At some point during the evening, Kedge went out to buy drugs and when he returned, he took some heroin before allowing Natasha to inject some herself.

The heroin had an immediate effect on Natasha, who was not an addict, and she collapsed. She began struggling for breath.

Natasha was helped onto a sofa and put in the recovery position before Claire Johnson went to bed, leaving her daughter unresponsive on the sofa.

Claire went downstairs and put a towel over Natasha after noticing that she was cold. Later that morning, Claire went back downstairs and realized that Natasha was dead.

A medical expert concluded that if immediate medical assistance had been sought for Natasha, her chances of survival would have been extremely high.



Hi, Its me Hafeez. A webdesigner, blogspot developer and UI/UX Designer. I am a certified Themeforest top Author and Front-End Developer. I'am business speaker, marketer, Blogger and Javascript Programmer.

  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
  • Image
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment